Monday, September 12, 2011

Burial

I have always been so intrigued with Post-rock and Ambient music because for me it has the ability to evoke emotion from deep within. And a wide array of emotions at that: loneliness, joy, emptiness, depression, happiness, hope. That is exactly why this music is so addicting to me. And on a whole I cannot find other types of music that spark so much emotion from within. However, that is not to say other music cannot do the same. I have found that Doom, Drone, and even in the case of today's post, Dub, can do the same. I have never restricted myself to one type of music, but I think I have a lot to learn from other types of music. I came across the song "Forgive" by Burial about six months ago and have not stopped listening to him since. His music truly moves me. I am not sure where I am going with this, I guess all I can say is...cheers to music that has the power to change your mood.


3 comments:

  1. Dear Zach,
    I'm sorry for having missed your comment on my blog! Great to know that you are teaching children about our environment and ways to make it better! As far as your query goes- I don't have much idea about the flora of Hyderabad, but I found a link which might be useful-http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Trees_of_Hyderabad
    Moreover, the local plant nurseries can help you a lot and supply you the required saplings too!!
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burial is really an excellent artist. I am in the same situation as you, I'm fond of particular genres but sometimes other ones prove me they can please me the same. And Burial with Untrue quickly became one of my favorite albums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article, I listen to post-rock and ambient for the same reasons as you.

    ReplyDelete